Merriam Webster’s definition of a “Quilt”– A bed coverlet of two layers of cloth filled with batting held in place with ties or a stitched design.
Here at QuiltMyShirts.com, we make T-shirt quilts.We do not advertise quilts and then make you a blanket, as some other t-shirt “quilt” companies are doing. Why does it matter? Blankets are stretchy and thin. They will only hold up as long as the t-shirt holds up. How many of your shirts have seen better days just from wear? A blanket will wear out just like your shirts. There is nothing in-between the shirts and the fleece backing to keep them stabilized.
T-shirt blankets are made by taking the stretchy t-shirts and constructing them (envelope style) with a stretchy fleece fabric for backing. There is no reinforcement to stabilize these two layers. When they are washed the 2 layers have the tendency to shrink at different percentages, resulting in a distorted throw. They are very economical as they only take a few steps to construct, but unfortunately you will only get a few more years out of your t-shirts.
Our quilts are different. We produce a premium, quality product. They are made with the finest quilter-grade fabrics (Retail $11/yrd+), high-end cotton blend battings and professionally machine quilted using state-of-the-art computerized equipment to apply patterns that are less than 2″ apart for density. This process stabilizes all 3 layers and is the secret to your quilt lasting a lifetime.
Bottom line…..There is a world of difference between a t-shirt blanket vs. a t-shirt quilt. Make sure you research the differences on your own and compare apples with apples..
Our Quilt.... any difference?
- Quality is the most important thing at QuiltMyShirts.com.
- We use 100% quilter’s grade cotton for all sashing and backing fabrics.
- All quilts are professionally machine quilted using computerized, state-of-the art equipment. Our patterns are less than 2″ apart in density, making them last for years to come.
- Our quilts are NOT hand-tied. Hand-tied quilts will not hold up to the multiple washings these quilts will undergo.
- We use a strong non-shine clear thread for maximum durability.
- Our battings are high-grade poly (20%)/cotton (80%) blend for the perfect weight and softness.
- We hold a NC bedding license, assuring you the exact fiber content of the materials used will be listed on your finished product.
Bottom line – if you want them to last a lifetime, have us make you a QUILT!